11/02/2004

Indecision 2004

Well . . . it's election day. The day when an entire country gets to pick who they want to lead them into the future. I have to say that I'm glad I can't vote, because even though I've been following this for a while . . . I wouldn't be able to pick between the two. I've listened to the debates and realized that no one has a clear idea of what to do with this country. So, luckily, being very Canadian, I can't cast a ballot anywhere remotely close to here.

It's very odd though. I feel like an undercover agent, or at least an objective observer. Working at an organization that has interests in who gets in, and working with people within that organization who have their own opinions, and watching them all clash is a great expereince. Nothing dramatic, I should add. No fights or violence . . . just interesting debates.

In any case, I wouldn't be satisfied with my vote, because neither of them universally represent what I believe. Either way I voted, I'd be thinking, "Yeah, but the other guy said this about that . . . " so it just wouldn't work. Things like Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research . . I haven't heard a position that I agree with yet . . . and I guess this are fairly newly debated issues and I should wait and see what happens with it all . . .

This is boring. I apologize. I'll be more exciting later.



No comments: