11/17/2004

The Name Game

Keanu (i.e. Reeves) means (translated from Hawaiian) "cool breeze blowing over the mountain". That's pretty funny to me. My name means "man from south munster". That's also funny . . . apparently it's from a Gaelic surname.

Sometimes I wish I had a name that meant powerful or cool or something more interesting than descibing the fact that I came from a particular geographic location.

Oh well. People say that we have to make a name for ourselves . . .

Another thing . . . MTV commercials. I love 'em. There's one that gives situations from a regular persons point of view vs. a celebrity point of view. It's great . . . but my new favorite is the one that declares the death of "bling bling".

R.I.P Bling Bling - 1997-2003

So, now you know it's no longer cool to use bling-bling when refering to anything-thing. I'm just doing y'all a service.

Grace.

No comments: