11/10/2004

Music Stinks

Music doesn't stink.

Writing music out stinks. Even with Finale (a: computer software for writing music; b: a crutch for those of us who need to hear every note to make an arrangement work, either by divine intervention or trial and error; c: the current bain of my existence).

I'm writing some "blues" music for our staff Christmas party . . . . fun.

I wish it would work without the music . . . . maybe if I just keep telling myself its for posterity.

Also, I was really hoping to get some comments on my Mountain Dew post . . . see below.

Finally . . . you may want to check out this cool site - it's like it reads your mind . . . or is carefully calculated to narrow down your choice by eliminating similars based on your response . . . . either way, it's cool:

http://www.smalltime.com/dictator.html

which I found on little Annie Carter's blog:

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=AnNiE4585

That's it. Though there may be more.

Grace.

2 comments:

A. St. said...

Holy Smokes!!!
First I was Jerry Seinfeld- kinda easy, took about (or aboot) 7 questions. But then I was Benson, and it got it! Took about 30 questions, but wow.

Anonymous said...

That freaky mind reader couldn't figure out that I was Christine Sullivan from Night Court. Man: 1, machine: 0. Rather, machine: 42. (It took a while for me to think of someone obscure enough.)

P.S. Don't go back try Christine Sullivan - I fed the database so now it knows more than I do again.