11/09/2004

Do the Dew



So, I'm on my way to Charlotte Temple today, to pick up my lovely bride. And as I'm travelling down a fairly busy South Blvd. when I see a Mountain Dew van just a little ahead of me, waiting to pull out onto the road. You know the one . . . white van, Mountain Dew logo painted in trademark green on the top rear corner, big funny looking "look-behind-me" mirror attached by a metal arm that's been bent 8 or 9 different times.


Anyway, for some reason, I get excited . . . until I saw the driver. It was your average middle-aged looking guy, just like everybody else. I was TOTALLY expecting, for some insane reason to see Steven Segal.

Now, I've never seen, nor have I ever heard of Steven Segal driving a Mountain Dew delivery van. I'm sure he could, based on his acting merit alone. I reasoned that it must be because of his new MD commercial. I realize this is a stupid story.

In summary, I saw a van marked with MD motif, and identified that with Mr. Segal.

Then I got to thinking . . . .

I wonder how many people look at me and expect to see Christ and are disappointed to see a "Christian" that is to Christianity as Steven Segal is to acting. I wonder how many of them see my markings from a distance and are disappointed when they get a little closer and realize that I'm not Jesus.

Grace. Do the Jew.

3 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

firstly, that's just weird. the s.s. part. the Jesus part was good and made me think. always good.

secondly, as a member of la familia de jewett who has been given the nickname "jew" on occasion, i suggest you stick with "grace."

but you can keep "do the jew" if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Once again...nice, to the point, slap you in the face kinda blog! Happy Day...tell Kristy I said hello!
Hello to you too des! :-)

Anonymous said...

Above..."I" is Kim. LOL