9/06/2004

Purity (not the crackers, jam-jams, and syrup but the spiritual concept)

Good Day. That will serve as me telling you hello AND that i had a good day.

i keep getting challenged, which makes me happy. i also feel like i've gotten in on the ground floor of something bigger than i can really suspect. God is stirring some stuff up. It's very exciting. In the meantime, i'm trying to stay . . . well, i'm trying to stay pure so that God can really use me . . . there's a lot of pollution. Which is why i've been working on a new arrangement of this:

Lord Jesus I long to be perfectly whole
I want thee for ever to live in my soul
BREAK DOWN EVERY IDOL, CAST OUT EVERY FOE
Now wash me and I will be whiter than snow

So anyway . . . now that i've been a little deep while remaining cryptic . . . . it's very late and i've not long ago had breakfast. i LOVE making breakfast. Kristy and i had bacon and eggs and hash browns (with real WHITE VINEGAR - one of the things i miss from home . . . the abundance of white vinegar), and an amazing cup of coffee.

The joy of having a great new apartment and a great new fiancée.

Sarah is also back from Newfoundland. She has new pictures on her blog. i want to go to signal hill right now. Miss it. October i guess/hope.

Grace all. it's late and i must sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Des,
Great post as always. I completely agree with you that something special is getting stirred up here. I could really feel it Sunday morning with Cory's sermon and I know its just going to keep growing. "BREAK DOWN EVERY IDOL, CAST OUT EVERY FOE" is exactly what God is doing right here, right now.
Amazing...even as I'm writing this, forces are working to keep me from writing about how awesome God is...even through something as benign as a telephone call. There is indeed a great deal of pollution. But I just want to keep giving God Holy Heartburn ;).