9/24/2004

Out of Retirement

For my SECOND post of the day . . . here's a memory for some of you and a window into my former life for others (incidentally, it's odd having friends that know your life UP TO a point and others that know it ONLY AFTER that point).

Here's a song that, just last night, was brought out of retirement for the enterainment of others:

Elsie was a mighty fine cow
All the chickens was jealous of her
Elsie was a mighty fine cow
All the chickesn was jealous of her
Elsie won't be home no more

Elsie got loose one day
Out on the old highway
Along came a big mack truck
And took my Elsie away
Elsie won't be home no more

You can see my Elsie today
At the chicken cacciatore café
The chef made her into a stew
And now she's the special of the day
Elsie I'm coming back for more

Grace

3 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

entertainment of others....punishment of others....same thing.

enjoy your toilet paper.

Anonymous said...

...and the memories come flooding back to an 'up to a point' friend. The song that made me realize..oh he's not a shy geeky kid from the bay after all!

keep it coming..it's great to be getting insight into your life from afar.

Valerie

Phil said...

just a comment on having friends in your life UP TO a point and others that know it ONLY AFTER that point. spring 2005 marks my 10 year high school graduation anniversary. I wasn't a Christian then, and I haven't exactly kept in touch with those friends, so it's going to be interesting going back to see everyone. anywho, no point to this post. i'll be leaving now...