8/03/2006

More Shots from Newfoundland

It's so weird to be in one place one day and thousands of miles away the next. But that's what we did. We're back in Asheville now, getting back into the swing of things and preparing for the fall with work.

The trip to Newfoundland was FANTASTIC. Obviously not long enough to do everything that we wanted to do, but that's to be expected, I suppose. I can't recap everything - there was too much. But I did want to post a few more pictures for y'alls review.


If you look REAL closely at this one, you'll see the tail of a humpback whale diving down for some food. We did a Whale and Bird tour in Bay Bulls, NL (O'Brien's Whale & Bird Tours).

Here's a little better one:


We were fairly far offshore for this one - further than they usually go because it was so late in the whale watching season.

There were also Dolphins:


So that was cool - the dolphins were "bow-riding" for a while - i.e. swimming along the boat and crossing/playing around in front of the boat. Kristy's sister has a great video that I'd love to get online sometime soon, I'll see if I can't upload it somewhere.


This is a landscape shot: out off of the east coast of Newfoundland. And another:


So that was it for the boat tour. I've got a few more of the sunset in front of my parents house that was pretty amazing, but I'll post those a little later on. It was a great time. I miss it already. But, now that we're Permanent Residents we can come and go as we please!

Grace,

Des

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I got really emotionally looking at those pictures. Absolutly stunning.