8/04/2006

Living with the Fishes

Creation astounds me. Seeing Newfoundland again was great. Seeing the west coast of Newfoundland through "tourist" eyes was enlightening too - it really is a beautiful place - untouched, majestic, all of the wonderful things that you look for.

Then to think about life. About how, in someway or other, life got started on this planet. No matter what you believe about that, it really is amazing. Evolution is an amazing concept. Creation is an amazing concept. Either way, the world is an awe-inspiring place.

Last Sunday, as I've mentioned, we went on a boat tour. We saw whales and dolphins and more sea birds that you can possibly imagine. I've seen all of those things many times before, growing up in Newfoundland by the ocean. I could look out my front window at home and see whales pretty much any time.

YOU CAN CHECK OUT NEW PICTURES HERE


But what was different about Sunday was the interaction. I can't explain it to you, but the whales and the dolphins all interacted with us. Maybe it was just animal instinct. Maybe there was something more. These big sea creatures can be curious? Some would argue they can even communicate, albeit in a rudimentary way, with us as people.

That amazes me and I'm thankful that I had the experience.

Grace,

Des

No comments: