8/24/2006

The Log Driver's Waltz

This is a classic. Canada is, contrary to many people's understanding, a very patriotic country . . . if you won't grant me that, it definitely values Canadiana. Perhaps nostalgic is more accurate.

Anyway, growing up, this was a staple of my Canadian TV watching. I used to love when this little Canadian Government sponsored short film would interrupt my otherwise American cartoon watching.

Sorry for all of the Canadian videos lately, by the way. But, it's definitely a part of who I am.

The government sponsored a whole series of vignettes produced by the national film board, and now that I've found them, I'll post them over the next few days!

Enjoy,

Des

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for taking me on a wonderful journey down memory lane. I too would always pause playing with my Dinkies (toy cars like Hot Wheels for my US friends)while eating Smarties or Coffee Crisp to view this classic moment through wide-eyed CDN eyes. It never failed to amuse, entertain, and educate me. Perhaps even as much as the American short clip "I'm just a Bill, I'm only a Bill, on the way to Capitol Hill"


Dave

Anonymous said...

Desmond!
It's Laura Palmer (from camp)
you don't understand how long I've
been looking for this video!
It's such a memory of childhood....
and I couldn't find it anywhere..so..
THANKYOU!

Johnny said...

Ella loved it!