1/02/2005

Back in the US

I'm much enjoying wearing T-Shirts in January (73 degrees F . . . I'll take that). It's OK to be back, though I'm a little thrown off as I'm JUST getting back and I already have to spend a whole week away from my wife. That stinks.

Christmas was very good, although extrememly busy. Kristy's sister got married, and so we were pretty involved with preperations for that. I got to meet and hold Caleb William Reid (Harvey and Tracy Reid's little Baby in Newfoundland)

++++ It was HERE that I lost about 20 minutes of GREAT material . . . I REALLY don't like the way this blogger handles my entries, just for the record. I'm RE-Writing from here on ++++

So, I'm AWAY from my wife, which stinks. I JUST got back in the country and now have been whisked away to Atlanta where I'll sit through some meetings that may or may not have a drastic effect on humankind as we know it. The point is: I miss my wife. It may be the mushiness, but I'm going to write some more tonight about lessons from marriage. I actually think it's pretty good. Like I said, I miss my wife. It's a horrible feeling. I'm concerned. I'm lonely. (Yes, I'm pathetic too). All I want to do right now is to check out of my Atlanta hotel and drive all the way back to our apartment in Charlotte and just spend the rest of the week with her. It's not something I NEED to WORK at in order for it to be true. I haven't even got to be completely concious of the fact that she's not HERE . . . I'm just always aware of it.

Interestingly enough, I've been aware of a need to be closer to Christ for some time . . . but I haven't WANTED NOTHING MORE THAN to kneel and pray, or seek forgiveness, or tear my robes in anguish. I've often chosen other things over my maker . . . example, a few weeks ago I sat and watched the overtime of the Panthers vs. Falcons game . . . didn't phase me that I needed to spend time with Jesus.

I'm VERY aware of the time that I spend with Kristy. I feel gulity when I don't. I don't have that same motivation by guilt, it would seem, in my relationship with Jesus. Now, I SAY that I love both of them (Kristy AND Christ) but it seems as though, it may only be half true.

The only other thing that I can think to write is this . . . if I were to treat my marriage the same way that I treat my relationship with Christ . . . it would seem to be doomed to fail . . . go figure.

I don't know.

Grace.


No comments: