1/14/2005

Why Jesus is Like Windex

So, Kristy gave me a great book for Christmas: it's a devotional, collected from the writings of C.S. Lewis. Gotta love good ol' Clive Staples.

I'm reading tonight and it's talking about how in order for us to see God, it has to be HIM that intiates it. As much as we might WANT to see Him, if He doesn't show Himself, nothing that we can do will make Him. And though He has no favourites, He reveals Himself MORE to some than to others.

This is a little hard to deal with, because it WOULD seem that God has favourites. But Clive goes on.

Just as sunlight shining through a window reflects better from a mirror that is clean vs. a mirror that is dirty, so too "if a man's self is not kept clean and bright, his glimpse of God will be blurred."

Which makes me think a lot about how blurry God seems to me sometimes. And about how much dust I have.

Grace.

No comments: