12/26/2004

A Newfie Christmas - Day 5

I'm glad I waited . . . originally the answer to the quiz was d) . . . now I'm not so sure. It's not quite cold and frozen tundra yet, but it's getting there. And my cars snow tires are agéd.

I'm SO happy to be home, to see my family (which is twice as big as it was last Christmas), to see people that I haven't seen in forever and ever. It's odd . . . it's probably one of the first times that I've missed home whilst I've been home. As I become more familiar with my home in the United States, I'm becoming increasingly aware of the differences between the two. Perhaps I'll blog about that someday, in more detail, but for now I think I'll just let it sit in my head. I don't really enjoy hearing Canadians who come to the US to work (like, camp, for example) and who bash the US the whole time they're there . . . the same way that I don't enjoy hearing people bad-mouth Canada because America is the "greatest country on the planet". It's all subjective . . . the point is I'm trying to appreciate both for their strengths and weaknesses and realize that no one is perfect.

Sorry, that's too deep . . . I'll try to lighten it up a little next time.

It's almost time for Hot Turkey Sandwiches . . . a wonderful boxing day treat with fries, dressing (dry, bread, stuffing . . . not salad dressing), and gravy. Just another reason why I believe turkey should be declared "Most Phenomenal Food in the Universe!". There' snothing that it can't do!

Grace!

1 comment:

sarah jewett clarke said...

unfortunately, desmond can't go on the ski retreat! he must answer to dr. richard holz if he skips out on territorial music something or other...

we'll miss you, though. or at least you'll miss seeing me make a fool of myself trying to ski. not all of us are fortunate enough to be born canadian with the innate ability to participate in sports involving ridiculous amounts of snow and cold weather.

come home soon. bring your wife. she's great.