12/06/2004

Steve Maroni

You know what really gets me? When people think I'm stupid because they made a mistake.

Here's the transcript of a phone call that I received today, to illustrate my point.

Caller: Steve?

Desmond: (Politely) No, I'm sorry. You must have the wrong number.

Caller: (Somewhat disgusted) Steven Maroni?

Desmond: (equally as disgusted). NO, YOU must have the WRONG number.

*Click*

Ok . . . so not a big deal, right? Did he think I was confused because he used a shortened version of some guys name? Did he think by elongating the name that I would suddenly realize that by "Steve" he meant "Steven Maroni"? Could it possibly have been that HE made the mistake instead of having to try to put the blame on me.

AND it's not the first time this situation has happened to me. About once a month someone will call with the wrong number and imply that I'm either an idiot or witholding information.

Some people . . . sheesh.

No comments: