12/01/2004

Oooooh, my shrinking telomeres!

Hopefully your telomeres are not prematurely shrinking. If you're stressed however, they may be doing just that. Telomeres are little protein caps that are on the end of Chromosomes. They shrink with age. Scientists have now figured out that people under a lot of stress have smaller than normal telomeres.

So if you hear me say "Ooooh, my shrinking telomeres!", you know I'm not having a good day.

But I am . . . not to worry.

Merry December 1st, by the way.

It's a good day. This is our annual employee Christmas party week. Never a plesant experience for me. I generally am overworked, and end up making a fool of myself for the merriment of others. So, in reality, every week is an annual employee Christmas party week, in my world. Today we spent rehearsing a bunch of stuff . . . not the least of which were some arrangements of various Christmas songs that I've done for our "blues band". Granted, they stink. Not the people. The arrangements.

I've got a great song . . . that I think comes from the soundtrack of the latest Julie Roberts flick. It's The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice. Not sure what a blower is or why he/she would have a daughter . . . if you can shed any light, please do.

What I love about it . . . the chorus simply says, "I can't take my eyes off of you." It unsimply says more though. Damien (since I know him so well) sounds so COMPLETELY desparate. Made me think of Kristy. I love her a lot. Fitting . . . to love your wife. I could sing that to her all day, every day, for the rest of our lives. You really do need to hear it. It's on all the online services (napster, itunes, etc).

Then I realized how much Damien and Kristy have taught me about loving God, without either of them intending to. I wish I could as desparately sing "I can't take my eyes off of you" to Jesus Christ, the saviour of my life and master of the universe as I can sing it to Kristy. I should be able to. AND I should be able to sing it over and over and over, and mean it.

That's all I've got for today. It's been a while

No comments: