12/08/2004

Pity Postings

7 comments . . . nice!

I'll take pity comments any day of the week. I was having comment withdrawal . . . I wasn't sure how to deal with it.

It's a little odd knowing that people read about each others' lives. Maybe even moreso, it's odd that people post a diary of their lives on the internet for all to see and comment upon. And yet even moreso, it's odd that people enjoy having their lives and experiences commented on by others, either friend or foe.

But I do . . . I'm freakin' addicted. I think it's the attention that I like, though I'm not sure. I've been on a bit of a keeping in touch thing lately . . . more like a renewing connections lost with people over the years, be they camp staff friends, or just relationships that I've let proverbially fall by the proverbial wayside.

I've also been realizing that many of my postings come from my morning experiences. Which is odd because Kristy and I are generally lazy in the morning, which means we get up dangerously close to the time when we should be leaving for work, which means that I really have very little time to experience anything . . . apart from coffee and the today show.

In short, randomness is fun.

My calendar today says Wednesday, December 8. Chanukah. Underneath this it gives me the five steps to performing an absolute emergency tracheotomy (I have a "Worst Case Scenario" desk calendar). So, you can feel safe about hiking with me, as I know how to open your trachea to the outside world should it ever need to be.

It's also the anniversary of the US' declaration of war against Japan. Today, we drive their cars and play their video games. We've let by-gones be by-gones (I think this is the first time in the history of me that I've actually written that). It's amazing how people and/or countries can forgive mass slaughter but we have a hard time with things that supposedly are much less harsh. Foriveness, eh?

Grace.

No comments: