10/13/2004

Photo Art with Beef

I'm a big fan of cool photos. For my desktop, for example, I always need to find new exciting pictures to inspire me, whilst at work or play. I've had pictures of far away galaxies, majestic mountains, some creations of my own design . . .

Right now its "Cow Looking Sideways.jpg"

It's pretty amazing . . . a close-up of a black and white cow (front-right) looking off-screen to the left. She has a broken chain around her neck, and she stands against a back-drop of blue sky, white clouds, and green grass. The only other thing in the picure is a barbed-wire fence, in the direction that she's looking.

(Check out a scaled-down copy here)

I can't quite make out the premise of the picture . . . or at least I flip-flop according to my mood. On the one hand, I think she's looking back at what she's left behind; she's broken the chain, and avoided the fence and now simply turns for one last look before she continues in freedom.

On the other hand (a much more depressing hand), I don't see any signs that my heffer friend had to tackle any barbed-wire. She's almost standing there, daunted that she cannot defeat said fence. She's broken the chain, but even after all that effort she's still stuck inside her pen.

I've felt both ways many times. Neither of which are great I suppose. Jesus tells me I'm no good for service if I look back after I start my work . . . but he also tells me that not even barbed-wire can sustain his delivering power.

I just wish I knew what she was looking at.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly do love the way your mind works...sometimes. LOL...I shall help others gain from your wisdom on my blog. :-) I wish I could put a link to you guys in blog spot from my xanga site, but I don't know how to. Do you know, maybe?

Happy Wedding Preparations! I'm so excited for you! You better have tons of great, interesting pictures from your big day!
Peace!

Anonymous said...

Hey Des,
I really enjoy reading your blogs. It's like my main goal every morning before I can accomplish anything else. You can be so inspirational and......crazy all in the same blog and that amuses me! Keep up the good bloggin' cuz!
Also, I received your wedding invitaion yesterday and they are great. I can't wait to see you guys. Say Hi to Kristy for me.
Sheryl