2/02/2005

To Pee is Human; to Apply Proper Mens' Room Etiquette: Divine

The other name I was thinking about for this post was "'To Pee or not to Pee?' and other Questions from the Mens' Room." I'd also meant to post this last month, forgotten about it, and was reminded of it last week. Either way, if you don't like potty-talk, skip this post.

I'm at a movie. I forget which one, and realisitically, it's probably not important. After having FAR too much Coke, I had to run out at the end of the movie and rush to the Mens' Room. Now, Men's Rooms are often very busy, at movie theatres . . . probably because of the sheer volume of carbonated and caffinated beverages consumed by the patrons therein. I won't be speaking on gluttony today.

So, to my surprise, the room is pretty much empty. I'm not much of a urinal user . . . but when in a hurry, they'll do just fine. I'd ask you to picture this, but that's probably not the kind of thing you want to picutre. There is a bank of maybe 7-8 urinals on one wall, with no separators (guys, you know what I'm talking about). I go to the far end, as dictated in the Official Men's Room Etiquette Handbook. Just as 'it begins' another guy comes in and takes the urinal next to mine. "What is that?"

I was appalled.

With seven open urinals, you NEVER take one immediately adjacent to someone else - ESPECIALLY without separators. C'mon! Everyone knows that.

Anyway . . . I survived to tell the story, so all is well.

Grace and happy peeing.

3 comments:

Matt Leeder said...

Des, you simply have to check this out...
http://flasharcade.com/game.php?urinal&1

Really hope that helps to clear this up for everyone

sarah jewett clarke said...

man....that matt leeder kid stole my comment.

do what he said.

KIMISLOVED said...

thank you for that....did not need the mental image though. lol

give kristy a BIG hug for me and tell her i miss her!