5/10/2006

I love my mac more and more . . .


GarageBandTuner
Originally uploaded by Random Des.
Every Wednesday, I teach a guitar class at Hendersonville. I have about 7 students and until today I didn't really have enough guitars to go around. Early this afternoon I was restrining some of the guitars that I recently got a hold of . . . but I needed a tuner.

Then I remembered Garageband on my Mac. It's a music program where you can compose music, do podcasts, blah, blah, blah. There was a piano keyboard on there so I knew I could at least find an E to get me started on my merry tuning way.

However, in my attempt to find the keyboard, I found something very different.

If you haven't maximized the picture yet, go have a look and come back. Check right at the bottom of the screen in the middle (if you can't see it, once you click on the preview to the right, on the next screen you should see a link to "All Sizes" - That will make it bigger).

So . . . in Garageband is a Chromatic Tuner, that uses either the audio input on the back of the mac, or the external microphone!

I was impressed.

I love my mac more and more each day!

Des

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

That was a beautiful story...*sniff*

Kathy said...

nice! I bought a microphone a while back for my computer in an effort to record myself playing some music but I havn't been able to find a good program for it. Let me know what would be best...perhaps selling the mic to desmond at a discounted price would be best..cause I have a feeling I bought the wrong one...Shhhhh, don't tell Jason
It is supposidly Ideal for podcasting.....if you're interested.