4/10/2006

Firefox Universal Binary

I'm obviously (if you've been reading my last few posts) a newbie in the Mac world . . . running a new 17" iMac Intel Core Duo. It's an amazing machine . . . I love it.

One of my biggest complaints, though, is that Firefox (my favorite web browser) was real slow on my mac. Now that Macs use a completely different architecture, a lot of the programs have to be recompiled to run at optimal levels of performance.

Firefox finally is! Or at least in a pre-release version . . .

I don't know if "Universal Binaries" will speed up performance on people running PowerPC macs . . . but if you (read: Phil) want to try it out, click on the title of this post to go to the pre-release download page for firefox.

iMac-ing is going very well . . . and I'm learning how much I don't know.

Grace,

Des

No comments: