4/17/2006

Biscuits and Gravy

Mmmmmm . . . . I love the sound of that title. My parents are still in town, which is great! What's also cool is that today I got to make for them a wonderful southern delicacy - biscuits and gravy.

Now, before you get too far down my throat about a Canadian making biscuits and gravy, I've been told by many-a southerner that I make FINE gravy. It was the mentorship of a southerner that got me to this point (thank you Mr. Mike Michels!).

Most Canadians that I know that have come down this way aren't too fond of this wonderful treat. Thank goodness it grew on me. My parents loved it. That's what I like to hear.

Kristy still hasn't been won over to the light.

Here's to biscuits, gravy, new experiences, and family!

Grace,

Des

2 comments:

Alex said...

i have to admit i didnt even taste the gravy once at camp last summer. the biscuits were incredibly good, but i was scared of white gravy. ive never told anyone that. now i have to try it this summer, don't i?

Phil said...

that is awesome. so, are you a fan of sweet tea, then (iced tea, that is)? that will be the true test of whether you have been in the South for too long... :)