3/13/2006

Do Yourself a Favor

So, I've been noticing that far too many of you are still using Internet Explorer . . .

If you haven't tried the firefox browser yet, you really need to. I use it all the time. It's light-weight and compact. You can add on all of these different things called extensions (like plug-ins) that let you do ANYTHING you want. For example, I have a calculator, lots of web design tools ('cause I like to do that kind of thing), music players, and, if you're desparate, you can even open things up in internet explorer from within your browser.

One of the other cool things is "tabbed browsing." You know how when you want to open two or more pages at once with Internet Explorer you have all of these different windows open? So if you want to have Amazon.com, Desmerizing.blogspot.com, google.com, and espn.com all open at once you would have to have 4 windows open. Well, in Firefox . . . you only have one with four different tabs open so you can quickly and easily switch between however many you have going at one time.

Try it out. I've got a little firefox button to the right side. Download it and install it and give it a shot. Be sure to try out the tabbed browsing thing, and try downloading some extensions too (by going to tools -> extensions). Worst case . . . you don't like it and you have to uninstall. I think you'll be hooked though.

Let me know what you think.

Des


2 comments:

Phil said...

i hear it's great on PCs, and some people like it on a mac, but it takes forever to load up. I also have other little programs I like to use for things like controlling my music, etc.

For my money, I use Safari. It's the best thing going on a Mac. It's got tabbed browsing and a few other goodies if you install some third-party software.

The Secret of Happiness said...

Down with Internet Explorer!!