10/03/2005

Why I Feel Like a Criminal

Tonight a bunch of us went to the well (http://www.the-well.org), which is a very cool coffeehouse-church here in Charlotte. What was cool was that there was a bass soloist that played an hour+ concert. His name is Trip Wamsley and you can check out his website by clicking on the title of this post.

It was very sweet. We sat and had coffee and were sonically pleased.

But he made me feel like a rotten criminal.

This guy was amazing. He also had some sweet hardware that included an 8-String bass and some serious looping systems, etc. Problem is I've been playing bass for over 10 years now and I haven't given myself to the instrument. I should be playing that thing as much as possible. Playing = Learning. Playing = worship. Worship = good.

So, while I would like to say that I'm going to play more and learn more and worship more I don't know if I actually WILL end up doing that. I certainly don't want to say it if I'm not going to do it.

But it was sweet.

God has blessed me with a little talent - I really need to be responsible and do my best . . . don't I?

Grace,

Desmond.

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

You're awesome Des...and no matter how much talent God has given us, everyone needs to practice...even Trip.

Kathy said...

The awe that I felt watching Trip play has also been felt as I've watched you play the heck out of your instrument. There will alway's be someone a little more refined, but that doesn't change how incredible you are. Aren't you the bass player from Blind Beggars?!