4/24/2005

"The Jesus that We See . . . "

I was listening to "Army of the Lord" CD by Salvo songs yesterday. One statement jumped out at me. "The Jesus that we see, is the Jesus that we'll be." I think it explains a couple of things. Firstly, I think that it explains the broad problem of passive Christianity; people who have no concern for DOING anything to spread the gospel. They're the ones who wait for sinners to show up to the church and can describe their emotional reaction to the salvation of another as, "OK". They just don't know Christ. They don't see any particular Jesus - because I don't know any particular Jesus that portrayed that example.

Equally, I think that's why more people aren't gung ho for Aggressive Christianity. They don't know an agressive Jesus - it's hard to use Jesus' example in leading a war against a man who only seemed to get mad about what was going on in the church. That's one of the reasons that people didn't follow Him right? Weren't people expecting a warrior and didn't they blow Him off when they found out He wasn't?


Still, it's probably best to err on the side of action . . .

Grace.

No comments: