4/06/2005

I Got an Itch

This is keeping my promise from a few posts ago when I said I had this weird vision about the body serving itself (see "Whose Lord is it Anyway?" from a few days ago).

So . . . we have a body. When do we pay attention to it? Generally when we either are being vain or something is wrong. Example, we spend a lot of time focused at ourselves when we do our hair or makeup (not that I do makeup . . . I'm just trying to relate to y'all, yo). We have to tend to it when we itch or when we hurt. Sometimes, like if the itch is right in the middle of our back, we have to make a whole lot of effort to relieve it.

When we're paying attentino to ourselves we can't pay that attention to others. I realize that we often have to tend to our own problems . . . but I wonder how much God wants His body to serve itself . . .

Sorry . . . my mind works in strange ways, sometimes.

Grace.

No comments: