8/07/2004

The More Things Change . . .

i've just been reminded of my past; of who i used to be. Now i realize i need to go back and, for all intents and purposes, pick up from late 2001. Frankly, i've lost my passion, i've lost focus on what i need to be. i'm a Christian who has chosen to live my Christianity as a soldier of The Salvation Army.

i've developed a lot of frustration which has turned to apathy and complacency. i've been so annoyed with what i've seen at our churches that i have become overwhelmed. there was just too much for me to change.

GOD is really doing a lot of work on me this week. HE is dragging me back to where i need to be, to pick up from where i left off. i am a solider. i am the salvation army. What i have complained about, i'm realizing that i am. i am the army. The choice is mine to sit back and complain or rise up and fight. As of this week, i've chosen to fight!

i'm sick of complacency. i'm sick of apathy. i'm angry that i am not more in love with JESUS.
My week here has marked a new beginning, a spiritual rebirth in my life. That's an amazing thought to me. Praise GOD!

No comments: