10/19/2007

The Diamond in the Rough (day of packing)

For the record, while I'm VERY excited to be moving back to Charlotte, I am NOT overly excited about the week of packing that I'm (thankfully) just about done with. However, one of the great joys of packing is finding old stuff that got stuffed away in random places and forgotten about.

Enter the Diamond Rio 500.


This, my friends, was my first MP3 player. It was the first portable media player that Diamond Multimedia sold, according to my quick research. It had a whopping 64 MB of internal storage and room for an expansion card.

How many hours walking to University was I thankful for this little device? It really was incredible and probably did a lot to solidify my fascination with electronic media.

So, I find it and take the perfect opportunity to take a quick break from packing my life into boxes. I thought, "I wonder what would happen if I plugged this into my iMac?"

Wouldn't you know it, iTunes picked it up right away without me having to do ANYTHING other than plug it in. It knew exactly what it was and added it under the "Devices" heading in my iTunes sidebar.



Not too shabby - I can transfer MP3s onto it just like the good old days. Granted . . . I can only hold about 13 songs . . .

Grace,

Des

1 comment:

The Secret of Happiness said...

I remember how excited you were when you got this. That things has lasted a LONG time.