2/18/2006

Pool School

For 2 weeks now I've been schooled in the art of playing pool.

Chuck is a great older guy that has stopped by the Coffee Shop in Waynesville for the past couple of weeks. He has amazing stories of how he and his friends used to hustle people in pool halls. In his words, he did it for a living.

He has had throat cancer, he has asthma, he has had a daughter pass away, he lived the life of a pool shark. Chuck is an interesting friend. He's teaching me lots of things about pool that I never thought I would ever know. He's teaching me how to make sure the tip of my pool cue is in the best shape to hold chalk.

He also says that now he likes to talk with kids about angles (the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection), and about numbers (7=God's Number, 3=Trinity, 1=One way to heaven, etc, etc).

I hope he keeps coming back.

I have a lot left to learn.

Grace,

Des

P.S. I posted some pics of the coffee house after LAST week, and just noticed that, for whatever reason, they stayed "unposted" as a draft. They are up now - if thy're not on this page somewhere, click on the February 2006 link on the right side.

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

Nice numbers 7-3-1, I will have to remember those:)