4/11/2008

Eureka

About 7 months ago I was in Atlanta for some meetings.  Of course, being a technophile . . . I travel packing a considerable amount of gadgets: my weapons of choice, if you will.  Of course, I also love when I come across amazing deals on technology too . . . like the time that I found a Linksys Travel router online for $12.



Naturally, my need to be connected drove me to bring this router of mine to Atlanta with me just in case I couldn't hit a wireless internet access point.  If there was a port in the wall, I can make my own wireless.

It worked flawlessly as usual.

Unfortunately, it was a few days later when I gave in to the harsh realization that I had left this prized piece of networking technology in the big crapple (sorry, I know it's not that bad - I'm just not a fan).

Reality is a cruel, cruel mistress.

Especially when she's wrong.

Tonight, while looking for something else incidentally (I lose stuff) . . . buried in a box in our closet I came across the long lost router - sitting there so lonely and ready to "packet" all in (networking joke). It's like being reunited with a long lost friend . . . that's about 5 inches tall and has the ability to transmit and receive radio frequencies.

Oh happy day.

Des

1 comment:

The Secret of Happiness said...

I'm glad you found it