4/10/2008

Christians are Nuisances Too

If you know me, it's no secret that I find several of my neighbors to be nuisances . . . completely because of noise and the inconsideration they show to Kristy and I. They play loud music late at night - and there must have been a sale on sub-woofers because evidently EVERYBODY in our stinkin' building has one. I've started a nuisance log where I keep track of when the music is too loud. I started it on Tuesday . . . I've got entries for every day so far.

As usually happens, Kristy went to bed, I was up finishing some web stuff for a client and at about 10:30 PM I feel the boom of what is usually my favorite kind of notes through the wall (i.e. bass notes . . . just in case you weren't sure). As I usually do I put my ear up to our various walls to try to figure out where this sound is emanating from. Unsuccessful, I remembered that I can often figure it out by going outside . . . now that the weather is warming up . . . and sitting on the balcony. It definitely worked a few nights ago when the party upstairs was in full swing.

And it worked again tonight.

Only instead of what is usually vulgar end hip hop, toinght it was Kirk Franklin and his merry band of gospel elves.

Let me tell you something . . . nothing about that was screaming the name Jesus . . . and I can't imagine that any of my other neighbors were appreciating it too much either. Now, in the past week we've had to call the police and submit a few complaints to the office.

And sister, let me tell you, I have no trouble reporting that you're stompin' all over my peace and quiet . . . which by company policy I should add starts at 9:00 pm. I'm actually recording as I'm typing . . . maybe I'll post it so you can all hear it . . . that may be a fun project in fact: posting the sounds that I hear at night if for no other reason than to document them.

Great . . . now she's singing.

In all seriousness, it's keeping me up because I'm wanting to document start and stop times for all this stuff. We're paying good money for this place and to be CONSTANTLY disturbed like this is horrible. We are never guaranteed our peace and quiet and I'm just about as sick of it as I can get.

So, Christians can definitely be nuisances too . . . she's certainly not doing anything to show me the love of Jesus tonight let me tell you . . . and the thoughts that I'm having about what I should say to her . . . they're probably not from Jesus either.

And you'll be happy to know that as of right now (11:50 pm) the music has been turned off and it SEEMS as though peace has been restored once again.

I may see if Kristy is still asleep.

Grace,

Des

No comments: