7/19/2006

Picasa - Organize Your Photos

So, now that I have a digital camera, I take a LOT of digital photos. I'm also a recently converted Mac user who lived most of his life on a PC. Mac has iPhoto - it's a no brainer to use it. But, if you're a PC person, and you're a digital camera person, you need to download Picasa. It's by Google. It organizes your photos. And it's amazing.

What's neat about Picasa is that you can automatically import all of your photos from your camera/memory card, catalog them, edit them, crop them, add neat effects, and print them, all from within Picasa itself. On top of that you can email them using any number of services, make gift CDs with slideshows, blog photos, and even order prints from professional printing companies (Kodak, SnapFish, Walgreens, Wolf Camera, etc, etc). Plus, because it's from Google you can even search through your catalog to

If I didn't have iPhoto, I would be desparate for Picasa. Check it out. You can download it for free using the button to the right of this post - "Google's Photo Software . . . "

2 comments:

Johnny said...

I love my Geeky friend, Des. Hey, it was wonderful to see you at camp and your sister is so beautiful. I'm glad that I was finaly able to put a face with a name.

Congrats on the GCs. Have a great time visiting your family.

KIMISLOVED said...

I LOVE PICASA!!!!! It really is quality.

Happy day and congrats on the green cards!!! hug your wife for me!
:-)