7/08/2005

Exactly what I thought would happen.

Interesting comment on my last post. Exactly what I hoped would happen, deep down in the perverse sections of mind, but interesting nonetheless.

Carefully reading my statements, you will see that I did not, in fact say that we should all be Catholic, but rather that we should be catholic. The former is a denomination. The latter is a state of unity. But it perfectly illustrates the lack of understanding or concern that we seem to have for each other, in the brotherhood of God. I'm not at all suggesting that we return to any particular roots. I'm suggesting that God knows exactly what He's doing by telling us to love one another, to encourage each other, and to work together for His glory instead of furthering our kingdoms.

Just like there was salvation before the Salvation Army, the state of being catholic existed before the Roman Catholic church.

Despite what we may think about particular denominations within the body, our DIRECTIVE from God is that we make EVERY effort to keep the bond of unity.

I apologize for deliberately leading this conversation directly into the lion's den. It's a little thing I like to do. For future reference please remember: Catholic=denomination, catholic=unified Army of God working to extend his kingdom on earth.

Blessings to catholic Christians everywhere!

Grace.

3 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Cheeky cheeky my son!

Anonymous said...

And this makes you feel good. It is one thing to make other Christian's stop and think about their beliefs and values, but it is quite another to intentionally mislead someone into making a comment that will, in the end, make them feel foolish. We ARE the united Church of God (yes, church with a capital C), and it is our job to help each other in striving for God and Godliness. I'm not sure postings of this nature do that in the best way.

Having said that, I often enjoy your blog and think that you have some interesting things to say.

Anonymous said...

I am the initial anonymous commenter to the original blog in question. It was an honest mistake and assumption on my part. I do however hold fast to the idea that looking for denominational unity is like looking for Hitler in a Synagogue, wouldn't be found.

Des, I respect you for who you are. We do have different ideas and ideals even on some things and there is nothing wrong with that. It's interesting though that, to that end... we are both Sallies and yet.... unity of mind on some things can't be had.... so the entire body........

Blessings to you and Kristy, I love you both!!!